Saturday 24 November 2012

I Survived From 30-Hour Famine 2012 : Hunger No More!

Hey diary. It has been awhile since my last update. Procrastination really kills. Three months ago (I know right -_-), I joint 30-Hour Famine and I was for the first time! I was actually looking forward for this event while at the same time worrying that I could not stand for having an empty stomach for 30 hours. Fasting for THIRTY HOURS you know?! But but but... Lee Hom was the ambassador for 30-Hour Famine 2012!! Lee Hom was the bonus point for the excitement and anticipation beside my super hyper first-time-experiencing-hunger-syndrome. Siok sangat la. Okay. I'm kind of lazy to type too much and I know people don't usually 'read' blog, in fact, they just 'look' for photos esp photos of pretty girls.


DSC_0001
The booklets which I lost after the camp :'(


Now I'll talk a bit about the games we played. 
DSC_0037
This was like a morse-code sort of game. The stationer blew the whistle in long or short intervals and we listened and tried to encode the long or short blasts into alphabets according the paper (with alphabets and their morse code equivalents) given by the organizer.


DSC_0033
#Bringiton & #imserious + #don'tdisturbme face!
Do you see the face of my group member standing at my right hand side? Yea. When the stationer (the green colored shirt girl) finished blowing the whistle, we were like "HUH?! FINISH D AH"
And you see, the guy started grasping his hair.


DSC_0039
After we managed to find out the whole word (eg: power), we passed to the other group of people and they would find the letters (eg: p, o, w, e & r) and complete the word.


The next station was to build a shelter using the cupboards given. 
DSC_0054
We all were happily building our shelter.


DSC_0056
Someone acted #likeaboss.


DSC_0082
The final product that looks like a... box. Yea right. lol


DSC_0083
The house does looke better! At least it looks like a house la. lol.


DSC_0088a
Should give this member a big applause! He played his role as a'cow' in one of the game and he worked really hard on it!


DSC_0138a
With all my group members :)


DSC_0137
With one of the MC, Kenji.


DSC_0142
Went to Museum Melawati to count down with all the campers around Malaysia. *was really excited*


DSC_0144
The decorations along the doorway.


DSC_0146
*Not my hand* It was like the entrance ticket into the stadium.
Cool right? Like we were about to enter a concert!

DSC_0181


DSC_0200
O.M.G. Lee Hom!!!


DSC_0215
Never had a chance to see so many Malaysians until I joined 30-Hour Famine! It's good to see so many youngsters chose to join this camp during their weekends! I'm not sure if Lee Hom was one of the factor though... lol


DSC_0226
Finally! 30 hours have passed! It was time to break fast!! Although the organizer provided only soya drinks and a Massimo jagung roti for us, I really felt the roti and the soya drink were extremely tastier than ever. PS: I used to hate soya in my entire life. Ironic isn't? 30-Hour Famine camp actually taught me to appreciate food soya.


No comments:

Post a Comment