Friday 17 August 2012

Stalking the Murals In Georgetown Part 2 - Love Lane + Muntri Street

DSC_0120


DSC_0153
wtf. I'm so tan!! (Btw, Tan is my sir name lol. Oh, wait, so that's why I have tan skin?!) 


DSC_0151
I wished that public phone is still working so I could sing like Maroon 5 "I'm at a payphone trying to call home, all of my change I spent on you."  


DSC_0123
What does this mean? A love, a banana and a number 60 signboard. 


DSC_0176

The "Cheating Husband" sculpture.
This sculpture is designed by a cartoonist named Tang Mun Kian. It shows a man appears to be escaping from the window, probably wants to get rid of his wife. Hence, it provides a hint (maybe not accurate & official) of how the name - Love Lane came from. It was widely believed that Love Lane was the place for rich Chinese men kept their mistresses ('bao yi lai' in Cantonese). In short, it was a place for a man to cheat on his wife. A bit disappointed huh? Cause Lone Lane is such a beautiful and romantic name but the truth is always bitter :(



DSC_0160
Was planning to have our lunch at 'Behind 50' but it was closed :(
So I took a photo at "in front" 50. lol 


DSC_0158


DSC_0170
Three people sharing this satay (12 sticks) as their lunch. I was starving but the other 2 girls cannot hungry one! (I mean, look at our sizes, I'm the biggest one lo.)


DSC_0162
Again, the other murals done by Zach. According to him, this little girl in blue lifted herself up by placing her hands on the side of tables but in the mural, she is perched over the windows.


DSC_0164

Stay tune for Part 3 :)

1 comment: