Sunday 12 May 2013

Hanoi's Attractions

Hey there! I'll still continue to blog about my Vietnam trip although no one is reading my blog. fml.

The main focus of this post is the tourism spots in Hanoi. Although we did not visit much of the attractions. So I'm gonna talk less in this post. Cause I'm getting lazy to type already :(

Surprisingly, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum is ranked as the top attraction in Hanoi. Source: Here

I bet most of you know, Ho Chi Minh was the former president of Vietnam who is very respected in Vietnam. His body is preserved and stored in a glass coffin. He has been there, lying for 40 years and if flown to Russia every year for maintenance. But I'm not so sure about this as it was closed on Monday and Friday so we din't get to visit it :(


DSC_3303
The Mausoleum itself. I really hate the photos I took in Hanoi. Most of them are dark and greyish. I think it's because of the thick smog .


DSC_3357
The side view looks nicer cause got flowers and trees. HAHA


DSC_3348
Here's the museum, closed on Monday and Friday.


DSC_3360
The pretty pretty flowers at the mausoleum area. 


DSC_3305
Thanks to these people for the pretty flowers. No idea why but they made me thought of people in North Korea - wearing the same clothes, doing the same routine everyday, no talking and no smiling. 


DSC_3291
These flags were seen everywhere on our way to the museum. I google-ed and found out 30 April is the saddest day in Vietname, called The Fall of Saigon. Something related to the war. 


DSC_3289
Police gor gor, y u face like that? 


Felling frustrated and disappointed (aww man we've walked so far), we saw a group of Japanese tourists and decided to followed them, which lead us to the nearby One Pillar Pagoda. Luckily, we still had One Pillar Pagoda to visit after the torturing walk from Old Quarter. And yet, it was another disappointment. I wasn't expect it could be that small. Nothing bigger than a tree house. Overall, it's only a small temple that's built on a pillar. Nothing much to see. My mother was feeling a little tired and frustrated (and the weather is so so so hot) so we went back to Old Quarter by a tricycle. Paid 50.000 Dong for two of us sitting in the same 'carriage'. Taking a tricycle-taxi is a must-try experience in Hanoi! It was really exciting and happy despite feeling a little sorry for the chauffeur.  But this is how they make a living. Unlike those in Malaysia, they rather 'beg' for money or food. Oh ya. Seven days spent in Vietnam and I couldn't see a beggar.


DSC_3344_副本
Chinese temple with Chinese words seen on our way to One Pillar Pagoda.


DSC_3318
Here comes the pagoda. Can't see the 'one pillar'? 


DSC_3336_副本
Here! 


DSC_3321
I feel this photo is quite artistic... lol


DSC_3330
Natural sunlight hits on the tree branches. Nice?


DSC_3325
Erm.. That's me. 


Next destination. Hoan Kiem Lake. Not a really wow-so-amazing lake, and there is nothing for you to shout for but since it is considered as a must-see in Hanoi so we went and checked this out on the last day before leaving Vietnam. Went there in the evening, saw crowds dancing or practising tai chi. A buzzing place with no dull moments. In my opinion, it wasn't a a great chilling place as others claimed. Definitely not a highlight in Hanoi.


DSC_4497
Looks so haunted o.o


The last destination I'd like to share is - Dong Xuan Market.

DSC_4431
It looks like the market in Hatyai. Things selling here are definitely cheaper than those on the streets. I guess that's all I want to share for today. Opps. Didn't realize I've written this much already. So time to off, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment